At COOLA, we’re passionate about creating beautiful product experiences that embody a happy, healthy lifestyle.
We are equally obsessed with health, skincare and design. We believe clean beauty should feel as good as it is healthy, which is why we are on a quest to develop organic products you’ll love wearing everyday.
COOLA, LLC (composed of both COOLA and our sister brand Bare Republic) is a fast-growing company, recently named one of the best places to work in San Diego (San Diego Magazine), 2018 Industry Game Changer of the Year (San Diego Chamber of Commerce) and 2018 Best All-Around Business of the Year (Carlsbad Chamber of Commerce).
We’re looking for an another all-star to join our in-house creative team. Early on, we realized that we want to own everything about our brand in-house. Our voice, our look, our feel.
Some days we operate like a mini advertising studio. Other days are full of production work. And then there are days we get to look to the future and whiteboard inspired concepts and designs that will on day live “in the wild” at retailers as diverse as Sephora, Target and Walgreens. Your work here will be valued and will make it to retail.
Our new teammate will partner with the creative team under direction from our Creative Director and CEO to ensure all artwork and visual strategy aligns to the brand’s vision and marketing objectives. We look forward to meeting you!
- Serve as an in-house design and production resource
- Manage creative projects from concept development to design to production working collaboratively and independently
- Apply and maintain brand standards/requirements
- Comfortable switching between brands and projects daily
- Develop collaborative working relationships with all members of the brand team across the company
- Produce and/or coordinate the preparation of electronic files and related production documents and ensure project timelines and budgets are met
- Produce digital and print marketing materials including but not limited to social media collateral, brochure cards, large format signage, POP displays, digital product mockups, print packaging, print & digital advertisements, website imagery, tradeshow graphics
- Produce graphics and illustrations and other visual content to support digital marketing activities
- Manage marketing archive: version control, file integrity, photography storage, final files archival
- Update and maintain existing design templates
- Stay current with technology and software advances
This Job Might Be Right for You If:
• Minimum 4-5+ years experience in a print and digital production role
• Strong professional portfolio, demonstrating extensive experience with typography, color, layout
• Bachelors degree in graphic design or related field preferred
• Near expert-level technical experience using Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, Acrobat Pro)
• Superior project management skills, can prioritize and organize tasks to meet deadlines. Comfortable working within a company-wide project management system and providing clear, concise updates on projects on a daily basis.
• Exceptional attention to detail
• Effective problem-solver and solutions-oriented, with the ability to translate feedback visually
• Must be team-oriented, dedicated, self-motivated and collaborative
• Resourceful, creative and able to meet deadlines
• Expert or near-expert knowledge of prepress, commercial printing and file preparation
• Ability and confidence to take an idea and see it through from concept to completion
In particular we’re looking for:
• Video editing/digital animation capabilities a plus (after effects, cinema4D, premiere, final cut pro)
• Motivated and passionate about design
• Willingness and ability to innovate as needs and conditions change
• Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
• Sense of humor, flexibility and an ongoing curiosity to learn about our company and industry
We are located in sunny Carlsbad, California and operate in a very casual, dog friendly, team-oriented atmosphere. Each person has the authority to manage their own areas of responsibility as well as think broadly and strategically about their projects. The result, COOLA is much greater than the sum of its parts and we owe this all to our amazing employees.
You can check the box on the basics:
- Great health insurance
- Dental & Vision
- Gym Membership