Accounts Receivable / Chargeback Specialist
COOLA is the quintessential slice of California life. We embody the best parts of living here: a fusion of organic wellness, an outdoor, active lifestyle, and support of local and diverse communities - passions we want to share with you through our products.
Our dedicated team works out of a collaborative, art-filled office in sunny Carlsbad, California, where we can be true to our mission and lifestyle. We’re committed to giving back at every level - from helping support a global awareness of skin cancer and treatment, protecting our global environment, to supporting and uplifting local communities through how we source our ingredients.
The ideal candidate for this Accounts Receivable / Chargeback Specialist role will be an enthusiastic all-star with strong accounts receivable, collections and chargeback experience, preferably in the manufacturing/wholesale industry! This team player will display a positive and proactive attitude, strong attention to detail, superior organizational skills and an ability to prioritize and multitask.
If you come from an A/R position with a company who sold to Big Box companies, such as, Target, Costco, Nordstrom, ULTA, Walgreens, or large supermarket/grocery store chains… we are looking for you!!
Here’s what you’ll do (but not limited to):
- Post daily deposits and apply customer payments by recording checks, wires, ACH and credit card transactions (including multicurrency transactions) and ensure proper posting in the accounts receivable ledger.
- Establish and maintain successful and supportive working relationships with customers, large retail partners, distributors, sales reps (internal and external) and the COOLA customer service team.
- Maintain up-to-date accounts receivable customer files, records and account updates by documenting changes and noting requests/contact information for the customer in the COOLA ERP system.
- Actively communicate with customers and large retail partners via phone and email.
- Respond promptly to customer account inquiries and requests for invoices/statements as needed.
- Send out monthly statements.
- Collect, verify and validate sales tax certificates as needed.
- Make daily collection calls and/or email correspondence to customers to proactively collect on outstanding balances and resolve issues.
- Issue customer credit memos/RA’s in a timely matter.
- Monitor customer account details for non-payments, delayed payments and other irregularities.
- Research and process chargebacks, returns, pricing and shipment discrepancies with customers and large retail partners.
- Track, investigate and resolve invalid or unauthorized deductions and take the necessary steps needed to immediately resolve or dispute.
- Weekly detailed reporting of aging status and issues/solutions.
- Perform other accounting duties as requested.
- Assist with timely month-end closing of A/R subledger.
- Perform customer account reconciliations and necessary adjustments.
- Assist with ad hoc reporting, analysis and special projects as required.
Here's what you'll bring to the table:
- 2-5 years of strong knowledge and understanding of accounts receivable/collection and large retail partner portals and chargeback experience (Big Box companies), a HUGE plus!
- Experience with NetSuite or other ERP systems.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel (pivot tables, VLOOKUP’s, are a plus).
- Must be able to analyze reports and possess good math skills.
- Strong problem-solving skills, research and resolution skills.
- Effective verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills, including the ability to work with people at all levels across the organization.
- Positive, team-oriented, professional, courteous manner and supportive approach to all co-workers, customers and tasks.
- Ability to work well autonomously to manage and execute priorities under pressure.
- Motivated and able to hit the ground running with little training! Ready and willing to help wherever needed.
Here's what we'll bring to the table:
We operate in a very casual, dog friendly, team-oriented atmosphere. Each person has the authority to manage their own areas of responsibility, as well as think broadly and strategically about their projects. The result: COOLA is much greater than the sum of its parts and we owe this all to our amazing employees.
- Great Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance
- Paid Holidays and Paid Time Off
- Gym Membership Allowance
- COOLA Swag