Jr. Video/Production Designer
At COOLA, we’re passionate about creating beautiful product experiences that embody a happy, healthy lifestyle.
We are equally obsessed with health, skincare and design. We believe clean beauty should feel as good as it is healthy, which is why we are on a quest to develop organic products you’ll love wearing everyday.
COOLA, LLC (composed of COOLA and our sister brand Bare Republic) is a fast-growing company, recently named one of the best places to work in San Diego (San Diego Magazine), 2018 Industry Game Changer of the Year (San Diego Chamber of Commerce) and 2018 Best All-Around Business of the Year (Carlsbad Chamber of Commerce).
We’re looking for an up and coming, rock star Jr. Video/Production Designer to join our team.
Early on, we realized that we want to own everything about our brand in-house. Our voice, our look, our feel. Some days we operate like a mini advertising studio. Other days are full of production work. And then there are days we get to look to the future and whiteboard inspired concepts and designs that will one day live “in the wild” at retailers as diverse as Sephora, Target and Walgreens. Your work here will be valued and will make it to retail.
Our new Jr. Video/Production Designer will partner with the creative team under direction from our Creative Director and CEO to ensure all artwork and visual strategy aligns to the brand’s vision and marketing objectives. We look forward to meeting you!
This Job Might Be Right for You If:
• Understanding of grid system and when to break it
• Excellent use of typography
• Good sense of design composition and spacing. Not afraid of negative space.
• Collaborative without an ego
• Familiarity and understanding of luxury skincare & beauty aesthetic
• AA/BA or equivalent experience with emphasis in Art, Design, Video Editing
• Proficient in Adobe CC
• Versed in AfterEffects, Final Cut Pro, and other pro video editing software
• Understanding of basic lighting for photography and video
In particular we’re looking for:
• Intellectual curiosity and enthusiasm for learning
We are located in sunny Carlsbad, California and operate in a very casual, dog friendly, team-oriented atmosphere. Each person has the authority to manage their own areas of responsibility as well as think broadly and strategically about their projects. The result, COOLA is much greater than the sum of its parts and we owe this all to our amazing employees.
You can check the box on the basics:
- Great health insurance
- Dental & Vision
- Gym Membership